Glazed Spicy Sweet Potatoeshttps://naturaloilmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Glazed-Spicy-Sweet-Potatoes-small-1.jpg 800 547 Jenni Jenni https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/a5b41ac8bffbdcfb8493f1bc1c25fec6?s=96&d=mm&r=g
This is a wonderful fall or winter side dish. The flavor of spicy cinnamon and ginger essential oil can make you feel like your in the Tropics. And the ginger essential oil is anti-inflammatory and is great for your gut and digestive health, Cinnamon essential oil supports healthy metabolic function and helps maintain a healthy immune system.
Glazed Spicy Sweet Potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter or earth balance, melted
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup or agave nectar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoons ground cloves
- 8 drops doTERRA Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 5 drops doTERRA Ginger essential oil
- 2 pounds orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch thick slices
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Tip: The sweet potatoes can be prepared in advance and then reheated in the oven to heat through.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (400 convection).
- Coat large baking dish or roasting pan with oil.
- In large bowl, stir butter, honey, lime juice, allspice, and Cinnamon and Ginger oils together until blended.
- Add sweet potato slices and toss to coat before placing on baking pan in a single layer.
Note: If a bowl large enough to mix everything together isn’t available, place the potatoes on the baking pan and pour the glaze over the potatoes, tossing on the pan to coat as evenly as possible.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer in prepared dish or pan.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 10–15 minutes and then stir to coat with glaze.
- Continue baking another 10–15 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized.
- Posted In:
- Essential Oil Infused Recipes