Mexican Power Saladhttps://naturaloilmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Avo-dressing-salad.jpg 800 547 Jenni Jenni https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/a5b41ac8bffbdcfb8493f1bc1c25fec6?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Salads are my go-to meal but I want a salad that gives you Power with protein from beans, energy in rice, fresh vegetables, and nutrient packed spinach. But what really makes this salad shine is the avocado lime dressing, whole foods no oil with the fresh energizing lime essential oil. And I love this chili lime seasoning blend from Trader Joe’s and I also found a no salt added hot sauce there.
Mexican Power Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing
Ingredients For the Power Salad:
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup pinto beans
- fresh pico de gallo salsa
- avocado lime dressing
- optional a serving of your lean meat of choice
- optional chili lime seasoning
Avocado Lime Dressing:
- 1 large avocado
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 bunch of cilantro stems removed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon agave/maple syrup blend (or just use agave, maple syrup, or honey)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- low or no sodium hot sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup or less water to thin dressing
- 3 drops Lime essential oil
Add all ingredients to blender or put in large mouth jar and use a immersion blender to blend the dressing till smooth and set aside.
For power salad:
Wash and dry spinach and place in salad bowl. Top with warm rice, beans, and pico de gallo. Drizzle with avocado lime dressing and sprinkle on chili lime seasoning.
Here is another great avocado recipe for a really easy healthy lunch.