Lazy Avocado Sushi with Ginger Essential Oilhttps://naturaloilmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Lazy-Avocado-Sushi-3-1.jpg 800 547 Jenni Jenni https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/a5b41ac8bffbdcfb8493f1bc1c25fec6?s=96&d=mm&r=g
I sure LOVE avocados AND sushi, so this recipe caught my eye. Lazy Avocado Sushi is perfect for a quick snack or lunch and the rice and sauce can be prepared ahead of time. It is Vegan and Gluten Free.
Brown rice is one or our family’s main staples. It’s nutritious and is full of fiber and selenium, and avocado is a whole food with healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
Lazy Avocado Sushi with Ginger Essential Oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 C brown rice, cooked
- 1/4 C soy sauce or Braggs Aminos (I used 2 TB for lower sodium)
- 1- 1 1/2 TB rice vinegar
- 1 drop of ginger essential oil
- Sesame seeds
- Cooked shrimp
- High quality raw salmon, tuna, or yellowtail
- Fresh pineapple, diced
- Fresh mango, diced
- Coconut shavings
- Lemon, sliced thinly
- Lime, sliced thinly
- Fish sauce
- Cut avocado in half.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce and rice vinegar.
- Add one drop of Ginger essential oil and swirl to combine.
- Mix rice with sauce. Top avocado with rice. Drizzle more sauce on top if desired, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Scoop out with a spoon and enjoy your lazy sushi bite by bite.
By the way, pickled ginger or ginger essential oil, can also support gut health and help your gut resist any unwanted guests (meaning possible parasites from raw fish). 🙂