Zucchini, Lemon, Mint, and Dill Frittershttps://naturaloilmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/ZuchinniFritters1.jpg 800 547 Lauren Esherick Lauren Esherick https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/?s=96&d=mm&r=g
These zucchini fritters are a great way to introduce more vegetable to your family or use those zucchini from your garden! This dish is great appetizer for a party or get together. Lemon EO is great to cleans toxins from the body, Peppermint EO is great for the digestive system, & Dill EO is known for its fresh and invigorating properties
Zucchini, Lemon, Mint, and Dill Fritters
- 3 small or 1 large zucchinis, grated coarsely
- 1/2 cup of plain flour (I needed more with the flax eggs but my zucchini may have had more water in it to. It needs to be a firm batter consistency. So adjust as needed)
- 2 eggs or 2 flax eggs
- 4 drops Lemon essential oil
- 1 drop Peppermint essential oil
- Toothpick drop of Dill essential oil (Dill EO comes in the Summer Sensation kit for dōTERRA)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped or 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese or a non-dairy Parmesan (made of nuts and nutritional yeast)
- salt and pepper
- Olive oil for pan
- paper towel
- 1 Tablespoons flaxseed meal (ground raw flax seeds)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons water
- Add flaxseed meal and water to a dish and stir
- Let it rest for 5 minutes to thicken. Add to recipes in places of eggs
- its not a exact 1:1 substitution in every recipe because it does not bind and stiffen during baking quite like a egg does. But I’ve found it to work incredibly well in pancakes, quick breads, muffins, these fritters and many other recipes
- Grate the zucchini, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and leave to drain in a colander for 15-30 minutes, press out any excess water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add the eggs/flax eggs, parsley, 3 drops lot Lemon essential oil, 1 drop Peppermint essential oil, take a toothpick dip into the Dill essential oil bottle and swirl it into the egg mixture, parmesan cheese, and flour in a bowl, once combined stir in the grated zucchini.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a pan to a medium high heat and add one spoonful of the mixture a time, press down gently with a spatula to make a patty. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and sit to drain on a paper towel.