Herbed Pasta Salad with Basil Vinaigrettehttps://naturaloilmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/BasilPastaSalad10.jpg 800 547 Lauren Esherick Lauren Esherick https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/?s=96&d=mm&r=g
This is a light and healthy meal or side dish, something that can be made ahead of time and it just gets better as it marinates. This Pasta Salad is packed with lots of vegetables along with a light and nutrient packed Basil Vinaigrette!
Herbed Pasta Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 (16oz) pkg. bow-tie pasta
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 7 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed but its optional to make recipe dairy free
- 1 medium sweet yellow bell pepper, grilled to blacken a bit then diced
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of pickled banana pepper rings
- 1/2 can of artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 can of black olive slices
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly shredded
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 drops doTERRA basil essential oil
- Handful of fresh basil, optional
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients leaving dressing until last.
3. Mix dressing ingredients in a blender until emulsified.
4. Toss dressing with pasta until coated. Cover and refrigerate for one hour to allow flavors to mingle.
5. Serve in a large bowl and enjoy!