Healthy Peppermint Brownie Mixhttps://naturaloilmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Brownies-on-platter-blog.jpg 800 547 Jenni Jenni https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/?s=96&d=mm&r=g
I’ve always loved brownies, but I couldn’t eat them for a long time. They were too rich with unhealthy ingredients that set off my allergies and made me sick. Now I’ve found a healthier peppermint brownie mix recipe that uses natural sweeteners and has perfect, peppermint taste. I use high quality peppermint essential oil that can be taken internally.
I start out making a the mix. This saves tons of time in the long run, because you only have to measure the dry ingredients once. The mix batch is big, so you’ll need 2 huge bowls like this or a big soup pot.
Healthy Peppermint Brownie Mix
- 9 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 TB baking powder (non-aluminum)
- 2 TB salt (sea salt’s the best)
- 12 ½ cups sugar (I use evaporated cane juice crystals)
- 12 ounces unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (these make all the difference!)
- 5 tsp vanilla powder (or use 1 tsp extract when baking)
- Sift first 4 ingredients into large bowl. Mix well.
- Add vanilla & chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Measure 2 cups into quart freezer bags (for 8×8 pan recipe, or 4 cups for 9×13 pan size recipe). Makes 11 bags.
- Label each bag (8×8 size) with the following: Add 2 eggs, ¼ cup melted butter & 4 drops peppermint essential oil or flavoring (may need more than 2 drops). Add extract if you didn’t use vanilla powder. Mix with beaters. Batter will be SUPER thick. Just spread it like frosting in your greased glass or stone pan (never aluminum) and it will rise up.
- Bake at 350 ° for 30-35 minutes. Test with a knife. For slightly fudgy brownies, take pan out 5-10 min early.
I put a couple batches in a gallon size bag to have on hand for social events when I need more brownies. Label your bags!
So tonight we made a double batch. We dumped a big bag in a bowl and added double the wet ingredients with the oil.
Using peppermint essential oil gives the flavor so much zip! Beat ingredients with a blender.
The dough will be very thick. Spread it like frosting in a glass or stone pan. Pampered Chef stones are my favorite!
Be forwarned, that while these are baking, your home will smell so good everyone’s mouth will be watering!
This brownie recipe is great because the sides don’t rise higher as in many other recipes.
Slice brownies before they are completely cool, as the crust will harden and make them harder to cut.
We are planning to take these to the closing social for Raquel’s summer art class.
When you use unrefined ingredients, the taste you get is so substantial and real. I love this taste so much more than cheap food varieties.
These brownies are always a big hit!
To see all the Linky lists that this post may be published on, please CLICK HERE.