Healthy Gummies with Essential Oilshttps://naturaloilmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/GummiesBears1-1-1-1024x683.jpg 1024 683 Jenni Jenni https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/?s=96&d=mm&r=g
This is a recipe for healthy gummies with actual wellness value (there’s essential oils in these!), that my good friend, Amy Estes posted in our Facebook group, Best Aromatherapy For Health Care:
Remember those gummy bears and gummy worms from the store that are so delicious and fun to hold or play with? I love them, but I haven’t had one for ages! I loved not only the taste but the texture and squishiness of them! Here now is a healthy alternative to those sugar-laden, dye filled treats. You will get a sweet/sour taste from these and a gel-lo texture so you can pick them up and eat with your fingers! Now how many kids wouldn’t like that! (and a few of us adults too). So this Valentine’s Day treat your loved ones and feel good about it.
The health benefits of gelatin include:
- Supporting skin, hair, and nail growth
- Supports for joint health
- Can help tighten loose skin and is rumored to improve cellulite
- Improves digestion by binding with water and helping move food through
- Great source of dietary collagen (a protein that gives your skin the ability to move, stretch, rebound)
- Source of protein and amino acids
The health benefits of cranberries are:
- Help eliminate water retention
- Clean accumulated waste from lymphatic system
- Help clean up cellulite
- Help prevent urinary tract infections
- Overall healing support of kidneys
- High in antioxidants
- Good source of vitamin C
- May play role in preventing stomach ulcers
- Some studies suggest cranberries may help prevent some health issues
- May raise HDL “good” cholesterol
Wild orange essential oil properties include:
- Powerful cleanser and purifying agent.
- Supports the body systems of Digestive and Immune, Emotional Balance, and Skin.
Now that you know why these are so healthy for you, here is the recipe! The cranberry juice gives these gummies a little tartness and the honey and Wild Orange essential oil give it sweetness. So whether you need a sweet treat or want something soothing when you’re feeling down, these gummies are for you!
- 2/3c. pure Cranberry juice, divided (not from concentrate)
- 1/3c. filtered water
- 3 tbsp. hot water soluble gelatin (I use Great Lakes brand in the red/orange container)
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 6 drops wild orange essential oil
- silicone shapes mold or silicone ice cube tray (find on Amazon or thinkgeek.com)
Turn heat to medium and stir with wire whisk until mixture is bubbly and gelatin has dissolved.
Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
Whisk in remaining 1/3. c cranberry juice. This should cool the mixture enough so you can add the essential oil while still maintaining its therapeutic properties.
Refrigerate for 1 hour. Gently peel out of molds and store in refrigerator.
Notes: This recipe can be made with any fruit juice of your choice and you could leave out the water and use a full cup of fruit juice for extra sweetness.
We are used to lower sugar, so more honey could be added for extra sweetness or use stevia in place of the honey.
I find it easiest to place my molds in the refrigerator before filling them up. Alternatively you could put the silicone molds on a baking pan, fill, then move to refrigerator.
Amy lives in Oklahoma with her husband of 12 years. Has 7 & 5 year old girls, one of whom is a type 1 diabetic. She loves Jesus, reading, watching movies, homeschooling, and learning to manage her family’s home and health naturally.
- Posted In:
JenniAll stories by: Jenni
You might also like
Hey there! I am so delighted I found your blog. I really found you by accident, while I was searching for something
else. Regardless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a incredible post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design). I don’t have time to read it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more. Please do keep up the awesome job.
Having read this I thought it was really informative. I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put this short article together. I once again find myself personally spending a lot of time both reading and posting comments.
But so what, it was still worthwhile!