Summer! Pool time, vacations, and ice cream all define this season…but so does the grill! Don’t let summer slip you by without making this recipe.
Honey is a great natural sweetener for baked goods, but don’t discount its use as a marinade as well. It gives a mildly sweet flavor to grilled chicken.
This recipe is great for those times when you just don’t know what to fix for supper and you don’t want the fuss of a big meal and need something that requires very few ingredients and not much hands-on prep time. Just grab some honey from your pantry, chicken breasts from the fridge, a lime…Wait, what? No limes? No problem! Essential oils have got you covered!
This lime essential oil infused grilled chicken goes great with a side of your favorite roasted or grilled vegetables. And why not use an Instant Pot to round off the meal with some rice cooked in bone broth or water sprinkled with gelatin (if you don’t have broth on hand). An excellent way to sneak extra gelatin into your family!
And while you are at the grill, do up some extra chicken to chop up and use later in the week in a salad. Batch cooking is a great time-saver!
Honey Lime Grilled Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 c. raw honey
- 1 drop lime essential oil
- Place raw chicken breasts in a dish.
- Blend the 1 drop of lemon essential oil into the cup of raw honey and pour over the raw chicken breasts.
- Cover and refrigerate, marinating overnight or for several hours before grilling.
- About an hour before grilling, remove the chicken from fridge and let come to room temperature.
- Heat grill on medium heat (about 400 degrees).
- Grill chicken 7-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Remove from grill and serve.
Notes: 2 chicken breasts were enough for my family of four, but I think this amount of honey and essential oil would work well to marinate 4 chicken breasts. Increase honey and/or essential oil as needed to marinate more chicken breasts.
Also try other essential oils such a lemon or even a lemon-lime mixture!