Healthy Sloppy Joeshttps://naturaloilmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Healthy-Sloppy-Joes1.jpg 640 480 Jenni Jenni https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Whenever I pull out this recipe, my kids get excited. I couldn’t believe how delicious it was the last time I made it! We don’t eat tons of beef, but my grandpa used to have a ranch, and when he passed away it stayed in the family. So we are lucky enough to get hormone-free, antibiotic-free, pesticide-free beef on a regular basis.
Healthy Sloppy Joes
2 lbs. ground beef, grass fed or organic if possible
1/2 C onion, chopped
1 C celery, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped small (I use a nut chopper)
1 10 oz. can tomato sauce
1/4 C ketchup
1/4 C Sucanat (or brown sugar)
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp Braggs Aminos (or worcestershire sauce)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
8 wheat hamburger buns (I sometimes buy sprouted and my kids love it with this recipe!)
1. Cook the beef in a pan (stainless steel if possible) until mostly browned, and drain the fat.
2. Add onion, celery and red pepper.
3. Cover the pan, and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, and Braggs into beef mixture.
5. Season with salt and garlic powder. Serve on toasted buns and enjoy!