Easy Thai Curryhttps://naturaloilmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Cooked-veggies-blog.jpg 800 547 Jenni Jenni https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Here’s an easy recipe I love.
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped (opt)
- 1/2 tsp red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Sucanat or brown sugar
- 1 lb chopped vegetables (ie. 1 large carrot, 1 large potato, 1 small head broccoli, cauliflower, peas, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cans of coconut milk (14 oz size=about 20 oz total. I use 1 can light, and 1/2 a can regular. Coconut fat is healthier than animal fat.)
- 1/4 C slivered almonds
- Cooked brown rice (I love brown basmati, and cook it 2 cups to 4 cups of water, boil & simmer on low until cooked)
2. Stir in curry paste and spices and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add vegetables and coconut milk, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until veggies are tender.
4. Place the almonds in a non-stick pan and dry toast for 3 minutes, stirring the almonds until lightly browned.
5. Serve curry with rice and almonds on the side.
The curry paste and curry powder are both somewhat spicy, so you may want to use half as much the first time and try more if you like it. The garam masala is a warming spice blend with cinnamon and other things I love. Look for it in the bulk spices at your health food store.
Healthy and delicious!