Kid Calm-All Tea: Make It Fasthttps://naturaloilmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Pretty-mint-and-Chamomile-tea.jpg 640 428 Jenni Jenni https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/?s=96&d=mm&r=g
What do I give my kids when they’re sick, or just need to calm down and go to bed? Kid Calm-All Tea.
San Francisco Herb Co. sells peppermint, spearmint, and chamomile tea bags in 1 pound size. It’s a large bag that lasts a year and only costs $7 = way cheap.
Here’s how to make Kid Calm-All Tea fast:
- Put a peppermint tea bag and a chamomile tea bag in a jar with 1 cup boiling water, covered for 2-5 minutes.
- Swish jar.
- Add 1 cup room temperature water and a shake of Pure Stevia Extract Powder.
- Pour into a bottle, sippy cup, or glass cup with straw.
- Make sure it’s sweet enough and not too hot, by taking a little sip.
Ideally, tea is supposed to steep for 10-15 minutes but when kids are crying and tired, and I don’t have time to rock or read them to sleep, I can make this comforting drink in 2 minutes flat.
Once in a while, I do think ahead and do the above before it’s needed. Then when I check the jar, it’s cold. At that point, I add 1 more cup of hot water, and pour.
When my kids are not well, I add liquid herbal preparations to the tea. These are my favorites:
- Echinacea extract – Jump starts immune system (1 dropperful 3x a day, glycerine base).
- Elderberry extract – Prevents viruses from spreading (6 drops, alcohol base or 1 dropperful, glycerin base).
- Christopher’s Kid-E-Well Formula – contains yarrow, elder flowers, peppermint, and Echinacea (1 dropperful per hour, glycerin base).
- Cayenne extract – Increases circulation, supports immune system, warms (1-2 drops, alcohol base). Works really well in warm lemonade with honey.